[WikiEN-l] The 3-revert rule - protect or ban?

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 22:05:40 UTC 2004

> *Until* we have [fine-grained] solutions, sysops should be allowed
> to use the privileges which they have *today*.

One special sysop super-power that sysops have *today* is the ability to protect a
particular version of a page. Protecting the version preferred by those following our
guidelines on reverts would be an effective alternative to a temporary ban in many
cases. Since pages with edit wars tend to get protected anyway, this would be
minimally intrusive.

Naturally, discussion on the matter is taking place at [[wikipedia:revert]].

-Martin