[WikiEN-l] Three-reverts and you're blocked

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Mar 9 18:58:09 UTC 2004

Mark (Delirium) wrote:

> Given that there've been at least a few dozen posts
> about it spanning the past three months, I find that
> somewhat odd...

The part I'm quite familiar with is the idea of defining an
edit war in terms of the number of reversions, i.e., three
per person per day.

The part I never heard about was the idea of authorizing admins
to block users who violate the rule.

A long time ago, I originally proposed that some users other than Jimbo
be given the delegated authority to give "time-outs" to users who
violate Wikipedia policy. I still favor the idea, but think that it
should not be Proclaimed as Policy by our PhilosopherKing and founder.
Rather, it should be discussed fully, voted on freely and fairly by the
user community -- and adopted as policy only if there is widespread
support.

In other words, I'm for it -- but let's vote first.

Ed Poor
Somewhere in Vacationland, USA