[WikiEN-l] Re: 66.185.84.208

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 9 18:11:43 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> Brian Corr wrote:
>
>> The Anome blocked this IP for repeated policy violations for apparent
>> copyright violations, and for vandalism -- see the talk page
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:66.185.84.208>
>
> I thought we had established that non-logged-in users never get the
> "You have new messages" notice, and so never have their attention
> drawn to their IP's talk page?

Since he communicated with and has the confidence of Magnus perhaps
Magnus should write back to encourage him to adopt a real user name
while assuring him that his identity is actually safer if he does so.
 If it's impossible to have a way to contact somebody, it's to be
expected that they will receive much less latitude than a logged-in
user.  We don't know if a compromise is even possible.

Ec