[WikiEN-l] The 3-revert rule

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Tue Mar 9 00:25:07 UTC 2004

Bjorn Lindqvist wrote:

>What a minute!
>
>When *I* voted on that poll some week ago, the poll was about whether
>there should be a *guideline* that reads "do not do more than three
>reverts" or not. Nowhere on that page did it say that the poll really
>was about whether to allow admins to block a user that reverts three
>times or not.
>
>Many of the 51+ persons that has voted probably did not either
>understand that the vote was about bannings. If that is what the vote
>is about and not just a guideline.

While that's true, I'd still like it to be decreed as a rule.  If we sit
around for another vote, nothing will ever get done.

Either that, or people need to stop whining to the arbitration committee
about people who revert a lot.  Either come up with guidelines to fix
the problem, or allow reverts to continue.  We can't simply ban people
who revert a lot who we don't like, and allow reverts in general to go
unpunished.  I, for one, will be voting against any bans for "excessive
reverting" on the arbitration committee, as I do not feel this is a
problem to be solved on a case-by-case basis.

-Mark