[WikiEN-l] redirecting to user pages

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Mon Mar 8 09:44:15 UTC 2004

KNOTT, T wrote:

>I don't think that we should worry about broken links in porting to other formats, but I'm interested in what you all think. So should redirecting non famous people to their userpages be stopped ?

I would prefer that, as a technical matter, it became impossible to
redirect anything in the article namespace to anything not in the
article namespace.  This includes redirects to user pages, redirects to
Wikipedia: pages, and especially interwiki redirects.  The article
namespace should be self-contained and extractable, and all redirects
should be essentially "see [[articlelocation]]" links.

IMO, of course.

-Mark