[WikiEN-l] redirecting to user pages

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Mon Mar 8 09:27:01 UTC 2004

A couple of days ago I removed the page [[Davide Mana]] from VfD and redirected it to [[User: Davide Mana]].

Another user wrote this on my talk page

 "I don't think Davide Mana should become a redirect to the user page. It is a bad precedent to allow redirects to user pages. It makes the redirect seem to be a legitimate article to outside links and during database extracts and other forms of porting to other formats for the encyclopedia it will not take user pages (I think) and thus it goes as a broken link. Please reconsider your redirect and return the issue to VfD. - Texture 23:02, 6 Mar 2004 (UTC)"

I don't think that we should worry about broken links in porting to other formats, but I'm interested in what you all think. So should redirecting non famous people to their userpages be stopped ?