Policy violations (was [WikiEN-l] Re: Violation ofblockingpolicyby user "40277")

James Marshall jsm at jmarshall.com
Fri Jun 25 19:09:15 UTC 2004

But I have to respectfully disagree with both of you here-- do you really
want to forbid newbies from contributing to anything controversial?

I still think things would have gone much better if the other users had
not abused their power and had otherwise done what they were supposed to,
_especially being more experienced users_.  I think it would have been OK
EVEN IF the subject is controversial.  There are ways of dealing with
controversy that don't involve censorship or inappropriate banning.  And
I'm sorry, I STILL don't see that I did anything wrong, at least nothing
that wasn't done MORE wrong by the others (e.g. I could have started a
discussion, but so could the others, and they had more reason to start
one).

Just because I contribute something controversial does not give license to
the others to behave the way they did.  Does it?

???

James