Policy violations (was [WikiEN-l] Re: Violation of blocking policy by user "40277")

James Marshall jsm at jmarshall.com
Fri Jun 25 17:19:38 UTC 2004

Look, I only did this because Timwi specifically requested me to make a
list of violations and links to policy pages-- see his previous posts.  I
had NO desire to spend hours on this very dry task, and I would not have
if no one had asked for it.  I'm not obsessing on it.  Readers of this
list are free to ignore it if they wish, and I've tried to make that clear
in my posts.  I think it's better to ignore posts that don't interest you
than to criticize people for posting something uninteresting to you.

I was directed here after a friend of Jimbo's thought I should contribute
to the (currently pretty one-sided) Reagan article.  If my contribution
has now taken the form of Q/A on the Wikipedia social system, then so be
it, but that's definitely not what I came here for.  It can, however, be
constructive, if anyone chooses to follow up on it; that's not my choice
one way or the other.

James