[WikiEN-l] No more outing. No more threats. This is not a joke.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 00:24:44 UTC 2004

User ZW must be banned immediately. I do not want to have
to threaten legal action, but ZW has no right to post
personal information about any Wikipedia users, whether it
is correct or incorrect, especially in the context of a
flame war.

In the recent past I already have received a death threat
from EntmootsOfTrolls (verified by other members of the
Wiki-En discussion list); I also received what some
interpreted as a threat from John Goode, aka Mr. Natural
Health, who explicitly stated that he knew I was Jewish,
lived in NY, and that he was a Nazi who also lived in NY.
The threat was clear.

I am not willing to allow more such threats to be made.
Wikipedia must not allow death threats, nor must it ever
allow private personal information to be put online.

Wikipedia Sysops must purge this article's records so that
such personal information is permanently removed. ZW must
be banned immediately.

I take my personal safety, and the safety of my family,
very seriously. I do not want to have to initiate legal
action against anyone here in order to protect myself. But
it is now a common pattern for those people who hate me to
try and expose me, and then threaten me. If Wikipedia
doesn't take action to stop such outing and threats, then
Wikipedia effectively becomes to party to them, as it
enables them to occur without disability.

This shouldn't be controversial to any sane person. If any
of you are here privately, then you do not want your
private information outed, and you do not want to be
threatened. You don't want people to out your name, then
maybe your address?  You don't want Wikipedia to work on
the level of threats, do you? I merely feel the same way as
most of you.

Robert (RK)

=====
"No one is poor except he who lacks knowledge....A person who has knowledge has everything.  A person who lacks knowledge, what has he? Once a person acquires knowledge, what does he lack?  [Babylonian Talmud, Nedarim, 41a]