[WikiEN-l] Automatick category links (was: Categories considered harmful" considered harmful)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Jun 22 12:37:53 UTC 2004

Jakob raises a good point, but let's not through out the baby with the
bath water. I'm sure our legions of genius software developers can
surmount this problem.

Adding a Category Tag to an article should be the equivalent of adding a
link to that category.

For example, I add a "Category Pet" tag to the [[Siamese Cat]] article.
I would then expect to see the [[Category Pet]] page with a link to
[[Siamese Cat]]. In the "page history" I would expect to see the link
added with the usual user and timestamp indications.

Jakob, if we had this software feature would it address your concerns?

Ed Poor
English Wikipedia Bureaucrat
And "Developer Emeritus"