[WikiEN-l] Re: Vandalbot

Denni dwindrim at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 18 00:18:13 UTC 2004

My suggestion does not, I think, violate any of the openness of Wiki.
Clicking a button that says "I agree not to be an asshole" before Wiki
will let you create a username does one thing only - it gives Wiki a
little moral clout if someone is doing low-class stuff like blanking
admin pages. Certainly a real asshole would go ahead and click the
[agree] button anyway. It does not stop anyone from doing anything.
Analogising this to a Brittanica editorial board is not unlike
analogising a paper cut to a limb severed by a chainsaw.

Denni

--
•"The difference between extra-marital sex and extra marital sex is not
to be sneezed at." --George Will, on hyphen use

Visit my Wikipedia user page at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User%3ADwindrim
Do you ICQ? I do - 276534369 Magpie