[WikiEN-l] Red faction and the Legion of Trolls

N.T. Riche vonriche at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 23:58:10 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
What the hell is up with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Plato/red_faction

Wikipedia breaking up into factions is a very, very bad idea.

Also, comments from IndigoGenius like:

"Father of the Fifth World movement, thinks Jimbo is brain dead and deserves
the death penalty; not a job editing (I mean deleting) the ideas that will
change and save our world! God made a mistake when he made Jimbo!!"

are not at all acceptable and should be deleted on sight and the user who wrote
them blocked from editing.

JRR's mention and link to [[meta:Regime change]] (a page mostly written by
banned user 142.177) along with many other 142-written meta pages elesewhere
(such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JRR_Trollkien/Troll ) indicates that
JRR and 142.177 are one in the same.

This type of crap should not be tolerated - and yet it is. I am fearful that
our open and trusting nature is making us a haven for trolls.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

 You really shouldn't worry about it. I allow anyone (pretty much) to edit my red faction page. Even though you might worry about the communist overtones, it is not a wiki-communist organization. It was created for those users who need wiki-love and they don't get it. Now I never knew that 142 wrote that page which provides a rather interesting insight into who Jrr is but it is still not enough proof to convince me.