[WikiEN-l] Re: A first encounter with Categories

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 22:57:34 UTC 2004

K Forstner wrote:
> I'm again intrigued by the discussions here, be it categorizations or a user
> I seem to have never come across called 172 (?). I came back from a weekend
> a couple of hours ago and since then have been trying to access Wikipedia --
> to no avail.
>
> As far as categories are concerned, I tried to point out some days ago that
> there should be some policy everyone could agree on, but Timwi suggested we
> should just go ahead. The result of this approach is being deplored already.
>
> I wonder though if a bot is the right answer.
>
> KF

Well, I regret that all what people understood of my proposal was the
final comment on bots. It was not a bot proposal I was suggesting, but a
team working proposal, something a bit like a wikiproject, in order to
reduce current anarchy on category organisation.

No one commented on anything, but on this bot issue; so I gather my
suggestion was not interesting. Never mind :-)