[WikiEN-l] Response to Jack Lynch

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 16:03:17 UTC 2004

Oh, now I remember that critical theory nomination. I'm sorry if I was being
a bit harsh at the time (I was trying to react to your comments and not you
personally). But still, that was really a good article, written for the most
part by a well known philosopher and English language translator of Jürgen
Habermas while he was contributing to Wikipedia I think that if you reread
my comments, you'll find that they aren't as harsh as you're making them out
to be.

I might be wrong, but if I could remember correctly you said something to
the effect of the prose sounding like "intellectual masturbation." I repied
that that could be your ignorance. But at the same time, I admitted that I
was ignorant of just about every other article nominated for featured status
and pointing to the fact that I wasn't making likely-to-be uninformed
criticisms of them. If anything, I was trying suggest that you might want to
withhold your oppostion, that's all. BTW, at the time I think that I was
also confusing you with another user with a similar user name.

I hope that this clarification and apology will put the tensions between the
two of us at bay

-172