[WikiEN-l] Re: some questions

Anthony DiPierro anthonydipierro at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:03:34 UTC 2004

> > Let's talk about why the violations of some users are ignored,
> > such as Blankfaze during the exact same edit war that got me banned.

> For the record, during that edit war, I reverted exactly 4 times.
> Orginally, only 3, but [[User:Danny]] told me to revert a 4th time and
> he would protect the page.  Ask him... I was rather hesistant to break
> the 3 revert rule.

So not only did you break the 3-revert guideline without any repercussions,
you were actually *encouraged* to do so by another admin.  In my opinion
that only raises more questions.

> It's meant for vandalism of any kind, anonymous or no. And yes, I agree
> that according to our policies, this situation should not be handled
> with the rollback button, which is why I brought up the point in the
> first place.

I was basing my statement on [[Wikipedia:Administrators]] which says that
the revert button "expedites the reversion of edits by anonymous vandals."
I'm not sure where there's an actual guideline as to how it should be used,
though.