[WikiEN-l] Edit war on Islamophobia

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 14:19:09 UTC 2004

John Ball has started a revert war on the Islamophobia
article. He insists on allowing only one point of view to
exist, and he has described all other points of views as
"vandalism". He has faked quotes from other sources,
describing estimates from Islamic scholars as really coming
from American non-Muslims (He's lying do a Googl seacrh and
you can chekc for yourself.)

He even has picked his own favorite pro-Muslim group which
he has insited must be quoted, in full, without quotes, as
NPOV material. Totally disregarding our NPOV policy, he
writes:

  The statements of the Runnymede Trust should stand as
  stated by that body and not be altered as they do not
  then represent that organisation's opinion. The 8
  points were the result of a RT multi-faith commission
  and should be accepted as NPOV.

I did try to work with John. I wrote that no statement by
*any* one organization is accepted is NPOV. You must read
the article on Wikipedia's NPOV policy. I noted that
nowhere in the article were there quote marks. Therefore,
that section was plagiarism, and Wikipedia policy demands
that all plagiarism automatically be removed.

However, I want to work with others. I told John Ball that
we can include quotes from groups, *if* the quotes are
explicitly references ad such, and clearly demarcated from
the rest of the text with quote marks or some other form of
formatting.

I have no problem with including the point of view of this
group. However, other points of view exist and they must be
included as well. In response, John Ball deleted all points
of view other than his own, labeled me a vandal, and
started a revert war. He clearly is convinced that the POV
of one particular group is "NPOV" and that the article must
follow the POV only.

Like Zero and others, John Ball is not acting in good
faith. What do we do when someone publicly states that they
will refuse to follow our NPOV policy, and simply engages
in non-stop revert wars to remove all POVs that they
personally do not hold?

Robert (RK)