[WikiEN-l] Re: Fork risk (was Re: Google ads)

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 19:39:53 UTC 2004

Jimbo, I just read what you wrote about cultural bias, deny, confirm or
infirm. Yes, that might be cultural biais. Who knows ? Possibly. But I
was not only talking of the main page, just of regular pages. Yes, I was
always logged in. I really had this feeling a couple of weeks ago, when
it was so slow. I remember several times, around 7pm (in France), giving
up the fr wikipedia, to go to meta or en, because access was quicker.
I also had many "no db access" and when I asked people on irc, it seems
they had less than I.
This is not the case now.
Now, I see rather that the new little wikimedia.org takes huge time to load.