[WikiEN-l] Re: Is User:The Trolls of Navarone another 142/Entmoots/JRR reincarnation?

Mark Richards marich712000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 20:43:31 UTC 2004

I don't think this is a good idea. Banning someone
because you don't have the patience to look at edit
histories isn't the kind of thing we need. IP
addresses are usually accepted as evidence in this
case, and since this user has done nothing wrong, it
seems crazy to try to block him. This is the kind of
baiting that leads to more conflict. The user is using
the term troll to declare his politics about
Wikipedia, but that in itself is not a good reason to
ban him.
Mark