[WikiEN-l] Blocking Policy - ban of IP address 203.166.76.237

KNOTT, T tknott at qcl.org.uk
Fri Jul 2 10:08:05 UTC 2004

> Is there any way that I can change my IP address so that I edit again before 2005?
>What processes can legitimate users have when a person with a
>similar IP address use to change the problems in order to avoid being
>caught when a lengthy ban is put in place?

You don't need to change your IP. Just create a named account. The block is for anon editors only. If you log in you will not be blocked. (Or at least you shouldn't be, let us know if you are)

Go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Special:Userlogin

choose a username and a password and that's it. You do not have to give your email address if you don't want to. You do not have to give any personal information.

HTH

Theresa