[WikiEN-l] Plautus rebanned, banned from wikien-l

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Feb 27 16:36:51 UTC 2004

I've rebanned Plautus satire from Wikipedia, and intend that he should
remain so.  It's not a matter for mediation anymore, it's a matter for
arbitration.  Additionally, in light of his behavior last night in
sending so many pointless messages to the mailing list, I've banned
him from the mailing list.

As to his numerous inquiries about blah blah blah blah blah blah, my
only response is that I don't really care.

Here's a forum for him to post about his case.  Knock yourself out,
Plautus.
http://boards.wikimedia.org/viewforum.php?f=2

----

Here's where I am this morning: excited, thrilled, on top of the
world.  Wikipedia is growing fast, we're getting more and more
attention for what we're doing, we're maturing as a community, and we
have a lot of exciting things going on.  Print Wikipedia!  Money in
the bank for more servers to deal with our growing popularity!
Continued strong traffic growth!  An amazing group of contributors who
are doing amazing things every day.

I spent half the day yesterday, and nearly half the day (so far) today
dealing with Plautus satire.  That's ridiculous.  I was interviewed by
The Economist yesterday.  I talked to people at Yahoo about using our
content.  I talked to people at a major publisher about publishing our
content.  I talked to a columnist from the Boston Herald.  And the
other half of my day, I dealt with Plautus.

I'm done.

--Jimbo