[WikiEN-l] Sorry for rambling

Plautus Satire plautus at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 27 07:31:31 UTC 2004

I know these are a lot of submissions in a row, but hopefully nobody feels
I'm wasting all our time. As long as everyone is giving their hare-brained
ideas about fixing The Problem, here's my equally-retarded nonsensical
flailing:

Advocate Position
=================
The advocate position stands in opposition to the tyranny of sysops. The
advocates' job is to prevent runaway abuse of sysop authority.

Likely advocate powers might include:

o Unilateral Unban (to mirror sysop unilateral temporary ban)
o Page Unprotect (to be a subset of sysop page prot/unprot)
o Audit Functions (these aren't anywhere that I can see them except the
clunky page histories. luckily I had the sense to comment my code so my
exhibits in my defense here were easy to pick out. plus I haven't been
rabidly vandalizing as some would suggest.)

Procedure for nomination or designation of advocates:

yadda yadda yadda, it's all pretty useless after this point because another person has to be involved and then all bets are off, good luck.

Codie Vickers.