[WikiEN-l] Plautus

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Feb 26 13:57:46 UTC 2004

Erik,

I disagree with your evaluation of both Clutch and Plautus.

I had a long e-mail dialogue with Clutch, plus a phone conversation. He
told me plainly that he did not accept the NPOV policy and would
therefore leave voluntarily. He made one more post to this mailing list,
and I chided him, "Why post here if you don't support the goals of the
project?" And that was the end of it. I think it was more of a mutual
"we agree to disagree" kind of thing than an actual ban -- unlike Helga.

In Plautus's case, he has shown sufficient willingness to dialogue with
me to merit my continued Mediation efforts. I must chide you for calling
him "mentally unbalanced" and "delusional", for two reasons: (a) you
have not show me that you have psychiatric credentials, and (b) I don't
think a psychiatrist can diagnose someone merely by reading their
Internet posts (both A and B would have to be true, to justify your
"diagnosis"). Please give me more time to teach Plautus our ways: the
way of NPOV and the way of courtesy.

Uncle Ed