[WikiEN-l] Re: Plautus

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 07:43:36 UTC 2004

Martin Harper a écrit:
> Arno M wrote:
>
>>When will something be done?
>

> Brian Corr wrote:
>
>>Could someone give an update on a timeline for action?
>

> Something will be done about Plautus when you do something about
> Plautus. The timeline for action on Plautus is roughly:
> 1) You decide to act.
> 2) You act.

I liked your answer
But...I have another question

Some people think that something should be done about Lir.

Question they ask : When will something be done ?

Answer they received from UserA :
* There is no problem with user Lir. So, you have no problem

====> Answer of the type : your opinion is irrelevant

Answer they received from UserB :
* We are busy thinking about the matter. Please be patient, do not do
anything, we'll fix the problem for you, that is our job

====> Answer of the type : please, hold on, you are not in charge, we
are in charge. Go back to your own business

---------

Still, nothing happen

---------

What they do
1) They decide to act.
2) They act.

Answer they received from UserC
* Your action was incorrect. You are out of the game. Next time, refer
to suggestion of UserB instead of trying to decide and act by yourself.

-------

Comment from Anthere

When general guidelines are inconsistant, and that half of people say
''you are in charge, take charge'' and the half say ''do not do
anything, those who have responsability here will take care of the
matter for you'', is there proper consistancy in our message ?

The vaccum cleaner hole is more than a hole.
People just do not know, whether they should refer to a group of user
from now on to fix their problems
Or if they should manage to deal with problems themselves

-------

So, yes, that is a good answer, but at least people from the arbitration
committee should be consistant in their answer, to those of us who are
wondering what action power we still hold. At least, to know whether
your answer, Martin, is the correct one, or the incorrect one.

(I can have my own answer, but I suppose I would be the one to find
myself in front of arbitration if I applied it, so will I dare ?)