[WikiEN-l] I like Plautus

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Feb 26 05:50:04 UTC 2004

Brian Corr wrote:

> Well maybe I'm in the minority, but I haven't been under the
> impression that the idea that the Star Wars lasers that can't even
> shout down test missiles were the cause of the Columbia disaster.

Those who had belonged to the same Russian gun club as Lee Harvey Oswald
considered him among the least competent marksmen in the club.  This
made it hard for them to believe that he could possibly have succeeded
in assasinating President Kennedy.

> And if we have to do is add that "experts tend to disagree" I think
> we'll soon have the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Lyndon
> Larouche's conspiracy theories about the Queen of England and a load
> of other "crackpot theories" included in related articles as important
> pieces of info -- duly noting that they aren't NPOV facts.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion comes up often enough in various
context that it needs an article.  Such an article needs to be fair, but
it also needs to include appropriate cautions.

Ec