[WikiEN-l] I like Plautus

Brian Corr BCorr at NEAction.org
Thu Feb 26 04:17:23 UTC 2004

Well maybe I'm in the minority, but I haven't been under the impression
that the idea that the Star Wars lasers that can't even shout down test
missiles were the cause of the Columbia disaster.

And if we have to do is add that "experts tend to disagree" I think we'll
soon have the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Lyndon Larouche's
conspiracy theories about the Queen of England and a load of other
"crackpot theories" included in related articles as important pieces of
info -- duly noting that they aren't NPOV facts.

Just my $0.02,
Brian (Bcorr)

Lir wrote at Wed Feb 25 19:43:44 PST 2004
>Plautus adds a lot of bullshit to the wikipedia, but
>he also has a lot of "fringe" sources to cite. For
>instance, he apparently thinks that the Columbia Space
>Shuttle was shot down by a US missile-defense laser;
>likewise, he thinks that tornados generate some kind
>of plasma.
[snip]
>In short, Plautus is adding the kind of information
>which the Wikipedia should contain. I will agree that
>this information should not be presented as NPOV fact,
>it most certainly should be presented with an "experts
>tend to disagree" disclaimer -- however, it should NOT
>be deleted.
[snip]