[WikiEN-l] I like Plautus

RateMyProfessors.com wikilir at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 03:43:44 UTC 2004

Plautus adds a lot of bullshit to the wikipedia, but
he also has a lot of "fringe" sources to cite. For
instance, he apparently thinks that the Columbia Space
Shuttle was shot down by a US missile-defense laser;
likewise, he thinks that tornados generate some kind
of plasma.

Now, it didn't take me long looking at yahoo to see
that Plautus may love conspiracy theories; but so do a
lot of other people. There are 65,000 websites on the
internet which discuss whether, or not, Columbia was
shot down.

In short, Plautus is adding the kind of information
which the Wikipedia should contain. I will agree that
this information should not be presented as NPOV fact,
it most certainly should be presented with an "experts
tend to disagree" disclaimer -- however, it should NOT
be deleted.

People are deleting Plautus' contributions which,
while they should be edited, are valid enough that
they should not be deleted. If Plautus gets upset over
the deletions, it is entirely understandable -- he is
being treated poorly, and if anyone should be banned
it is those who delete his text while hurling insults
at him.

People that disagree with Plautus should edit for
NPOV, they should not delete and censor him.