[WikiEN-l] Also mad as hell...

James Rosenzweig jwrosenzweig at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 02:31:43 UTC 2004

I am doing my level best to remain silent in the face
of a campaign by Irismeister to bait me into lashing
out at him.  I have been advised from several quarters
not to say anything bad so he can get himself banned.
I may lose patience very soon, and either make
horrible comments his way or leave Wikipedia (possibly
both).  Irismeister apparently believes he can
threaten to sue me and then blame me for cutting off
contact.  If I have to endure much more of the
following

"Jwrosenzweig is an adult and perhaps he can speak for
himself. But if he refuses to speak to me (perhaps he
is just afraid and/or embarassed for the miserable
things he did to me and the iridology page) - then why
doesn't he address the Wiki community instead, for
what he did last week? Does he fear legal action there
too ? I know it's hard for him to be a policeman
(keeping him from editing - which he really does
better than policing) but I am willing to forgive his
provocative and insulting behavior"

from a known troll, I think it will be the end of me.
I believe I have exhibited as much patience as
possible, but I cannot continue to try and edit
productively here if I am threatened with libel for
talking to trolls, and threatened with censure or ban
for ignoring them.  If anyone thinks it is easy to
endure the kind of baiting that Irismeister resorts
to, I invite you wholeheartedly to attempt a
discussion with him.  Will the AC please consider
looking into Irismeister?  I am very sorry to admit
that I wouldn't bring the charges myself (without a
document from him stating that I would not be held
liable for any statements made), as I can't risk a
lawsuit.

Really, I think that's the point.  When a troll also
apparently possesses some funds, legal counsel, and
the desire to sue, I feel trapped.  And I've probably
already said too much that would be counted libel by
Irismeister, so I'm done talking now.  HELP.

Jwrosenzweig