[WikiEN-l] re: Let's go slow

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 23:22:17 UTC 2004

> So there's no need to urgent go around deleting things.

In any case, no tagged image should be deleted until we have deleted the ~36,000
images that have no tags on them, and about which we have precisely zero
information.

If we start deleting images because people do the *right* thing by correctly citing their
sources and providing information, then we'll be setting entirely the wrong precedent.

> There are no legal problems with what we're doing

For now, let us just say that there are two schools of thought on that matter, as it relies
on the interpretation of the meaning of "seperate and independent" in the section on
aggregation. A matter for wikilegal-l, of course (and thusly cc'd).

-Martin