[WikiEN-l] Referring a matter (was: The Block Log)

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Feb 18 18:07:13 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> I think the Mediation Committee can also refer a matter to arbitration.
> At least it /said/ it can.

For the moment, to keep the load on them down while they continue
finalizing their procedures, the arbitration committee has asked that
I stand between them and various cases, referring only those for which
there's a crucial need.

> Must there be a prescribed order? A lot of us don't want to wait 2 whole
> weeks! Even 5 days seems like a lifetime around here...

I think you're right, and we can all remember that this is a good
faith effort to feel our way forward carefully.  Things will get
better as we learn what works and what doesn't.

Believe me, I want this whole thing to be fast and efficient.  If it
isn't, then I'm going to continue to be in the middle of such fights,
and that's a job I want to be out of completely by at least the end of
this year, if not by much sooner.

--Jimbo