[WikiEN-l] Re: Fwd: Wikipedia e-mail (Raul654 repeated unwarranted bans)

Dan Drake dd at dandrake.com
Tue Feb 17 19:57:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:50:29 UTC, Anthere
<anthere8 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Comment ?

> From: Plautus satire <plautus at shaw.ca>
> To: Anthere <anthere8 at yahoo.com>
>

> Please allow me to have a few moments of your time.
>
> I have been the victim of what I feel is a very unfair banning by an admin using the ID Raul654. This banning started several days ago when I began editing several entries as a new contributing user. In this time I have added completely new entries ( http://en.wikipedia.org/Aquaponics http://en.wikipedia.org/Phytochemicals http://en.wikipedia.org/Watercress http://en.wikipedia.org/Garden_cress ) and I have made factual error correction of a few other entries that have remained in place. In particular (since this is an entry that has led to my banning) I corrected an error which stated Albert Einstein was offered the first presidency of Israel, when in fact he had been offered the SECOND presidency. For my insistence that this material and other material belongs in the Albert Einstein entry, I was banned.

Here are three comments:
Gee, he sure sounds reasonable.
Gee, he sure sounded like something completely other than reasonable when
he was contributing to articles, as one can find out in a couple of
minutes of clicking on diffs.
Thanks for getting rid of him.

--
Dan Drake
dd at dandrake.com
http://www.dandrake.com

Whoever tries to imagine perfection simply reveals his own emptiness.
 --George Orwell