[WikiEN-l] Page footers, layout question

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 01:29:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

perhaps some of you have already noticed that people have started using
the MediaWiki namespace to create page footers. For an example, see the
bottom of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany, which has a box with
links to the other European Union countries.

Unfortunately, not everybody seems to be happy with the look of these.
There is a dispute on which of these layouts to use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=MediaWiki:East_Asia&oldid=2406134

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=MediaWiki:East_Asia&oldid=2406149

I would like there to be a vote so that we can determine which of the
layouts is generally preferred, and then we can make it a Manual of
Style policy to use one layout consistently.

Where and how can I call for such a vote?

I have asked about this on the Village Pump, but got no replies.

Thanks,
Timwi