[WikiEN-l] Editor's forum?

Peter Bartlett pcb21 at btconnect.com
Sat Feb 7 08:55:29 UTC 2004

>-----Original Message-----
>From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Rich Holton

>I have been mulling over an idea, and I'm hoping for
>some feedback...
>
>I have, several times, come across pages on Wikipedia
>where there is a problem, but I don't know the
>solution. This sort of thing could include:
>
>* A conflict of fact within the article, where I don't
>know which is correct.
>* A link that needs disambiguating, but I can't figure
>out which is the correct page.
>* An important sentence that is written ambiguously,
>but I don't know which sense is correct.
>
>[...]
>
>My idea is to create a page called
>[[Wikipedia:Editor's forum]] (or
>whatever...suggestions welcome) that would be a place
>to mention this sort of issue. I see the page working
>in a fashion similar to Cleanup.
>
>So, any comments?

Like Martin and Ec I am sceptical about more centralized pages.
If the Talk: page fails to raise a response, next try the User_talk:
pages of the people who have added content (it's less worth trying those
who just copyedited) to the article. After that, and if you feel the
error is glaring, try a central page.

Pete