[WikiEN-l] Re: I propose a formula based on reverts

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Wed Feb 4 04:26:02 UTC 2004

Ed Poor wrote:

>How about a simple formula, based on what percentage of a user's edits
>are reverted by other users? (We might tweak this by discounting reverts
>from a certain class of user.)

I think Ed's proposal is the germ of an idea with merit, but it needs
further refinement. We don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Maybe
we could look at Kuro5hin's system for ranking articles and see if it
could be adapted. Other models worth considering include:
Epinions.com's Web of Trust; eBay's ratings system; Slashdot.org's
Meta Moderation system. Here are a couple of URLs to articles that
discuss "reputation management" on the Internet:

http://www.shorewalker.com/pages/reputation_manager-1.html

http://www.smartmobs.com/archives/cat_the_evolution_of_reputation.html
--