[WikiEN-l] Soliciting academic research on Wikipedia sociology

Kent Wang kwang at kwang.org
Wed Feb 4 01:01:58 UTC 2004

I remember reading somewhere on Wikipedia: that it'd be really nice for
publicity if we could have a research paper about Wikipedia published in
a peer-reviewed academic journal. I'm currently a history undegraduate
at the University of Texas - Austin and would like to "spam" some of our
school's professors about this. Is there an existing pre-formed letter
for this purpose or should I author my own? Have there been other
attempts to solicit academic research by other Wikipedians? To what
degree of success?

Kent Wang