[WikiEN-l] "Total failure of mediation process"

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 00:10:30 UTC 2004

Dear Robert "fuck you sick Nazi bastards" Kaiser,

You have alleged that I have "refused to mediate". This allegation is incorrect. I
remain entirely happy to accept mediation. TUF-KAT was the first to volunteer for
mediation, and I have already accepted his assistance, pending your agreement to
his acting as mediator. Additionally, you yourself suggested LittleDan as a mediator,
and I have indicated that he would also be acceptable to me, after he reassured me
on a few points of detail.

I believe that I am awaiting a response from you indicating your acceptance of either
LittleDan or TUF-KAT as our mediator.

I do not have a "secret agenda". I have previously publically stated my goals for
resolving the conflict between you and myself. I was cautious about restating them in
public, since I felt that doing so might inflame the situation, though I have always
been happy to do so in private, with you and a mutually agreed mediator. However,
given your concerns on this point, I am happy to publically outline my objectives for
mediation:

1) Robert to, publically and unreservedly, apologise for and retract the recent email
he sent to the wikien-l list, calling Wikipedia "Nazipedia".

2) Robert to, publically and unreservedly, apologise for and retract and cease his
completely unfounded accusations and insinuations that I agree with, or support,
Nazism, anti-Semitism, or similar bigotry, in any way.

3) Robert to, publically and unreservedly, apologise for and retract and cease his
accusations that my conduct on Wikipedia in any way constitutes "censorship" or
"harassment" of his good self.

4) Robert to accept that calling long-standing Wikipedians, editing in good faith,
"vandals", "censors", or in need of being banned, is not appropriate behaviour;
Robert to agree to henceforth cease such behaviour.

5) Resolution of certain other, more minor, points of contention.

I trust that this response is sufficient to allay any concerns you might have regarding
the mediation process. If you wish me to expand on any of these points, publically or
privately, I will be happy to do so.

Thank you for your time.
-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper