[WikiEN-l] Preliminary Deletion (again)

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Thu Dec 2 16:08:51 UTC 2004

Some people have been complaining that this hasn't been implemented yet,
but I consider the results of the first poll too inconclusive to be
certain. Therefore, I have written a provision for a new vote into the
proposal. This new vote is not justified by the moanings of those
disappointed about the first poll's result, but by the following:

    * The provisions for preventing abuse of the process gained a very
      large following, and as such, have been severely reduced in size
      and merged with the original proposal;
    * The criteria have also been reduced in size, but not in meaning;
    * A 9-point Q&A section answering common concerns has been added;
    * A minimum edit count and registration date have been added to the
      prerequisites for voters;
    * A standard for minimum support to go ahead with the proposal has
      been added to avoid ambiguities.

As you can see, the proposal has changed quite a bit, and as such, I
have felt justified in making provisions for a second round of voting. I
hope those who have opposed and supported the proposal will not just
vote, but actually *discuss* the proposal before passing full judgement
on it. Those concerned may find the proposal located at
[[Wikipedia:Preliminary Deletion]].

John Lee
([[en:User:Johnleemk]])