[WikiEN-l] We have to find a clearer way to say "edit this page..."

Daniel P.B.Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Tue Apr 27 01:26:21 UTC 2004

> From: <>
> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:53:37 -0400
> To: jwales at bomis.com
> Subject: wikipedia and RFLP
>
> Just a quick note to tell you that you need to have the content of the
> page
> dealing with RFLP corrected. One of my students used it as a source
> and found
> that RFLP is referred to as a property of DNA (it is a technique) and
> that the
> DNA is first usually amplified by pcr - it is NOT usually done in this
> manner.
> PLEASE check content - the page is mis-informative.
>
> <name omitted> PhD
> Assistant Professor of Biology
> <university name omitted>

Just what part of "edit this page" doesn't he understand? :-)

--

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net alternate:
dpbsmith at alum.mit.edu
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/