[WikiEN-l] Text on Special:Upload

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Apr 18 14:54:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

inspired by the recent discussion on non-commercial-use-only images, I
have proposed to change the text of the Upload page:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_talk:Uploadtext

In particular, I think information on how the form works (or how to add
images to articles) does not really need to be there (people skip it
anyway if they think they know how it works, and if they don't, then
they will happily follow a link to find out). I think it is more
important to place information on this page that people usually regarded
as "not important" or "not necessary", as is the case with a detailed
description of the source of an image and the licence of the image.

Thank you,
Timwi