[WikiEN-l] edit wars

A A
Sat Apr 3 23:28:15 UTC 2004

It may be easy to criticize me, because I communicate
about the edit wars I am in. However, I think your
criticism would be far more useful if directed at
those who refuse to communicate.

Never in my history here at the wikipedia, never has
someone replaced text of mine that was deleted --
thats either because my text isn't any good or because
its really not that easy to tell that an edit conflict
occurred (unless, of course, you revert and revert
until it becomes very apparent that an edit war is
occurring).

In any case, if you want to decrease the number of
edit wars -- allow people to have two watchlists, so
they can use one watchlist solely to watch articles at
which they are involved in an "edit crisis". This will
allow people the luxury of not having to worry that
they will forget about the incident.