[WikiEN-l] TDC is starting to piss me off

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Thu Apr 1 18:45:29 UTC 2004

Dear colleagues,

I just found this message from TDC on my talk page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Slrubenstein

>A question for you:
>Now, I know you Marxist types dont believe in an afterlife and the like,
>but if I were to hold a seance and channel Marx's spirit through you, do
>you think you would try and suck your own dick. TDC 04:15, 1 Apr 2004 (UTC)

Now, I've long resisted attempts to ban people but this kind of talk (and
given TDC's antagonistic comments elsewhere, I don't think it is an April
Fool's joke) kinda wants me to see him banned.  I don't know if this is
actually a bannable offense -- I've seen far worse language elsewhere, and
I know the rule is to try to educate people and encourage them to be more
civil.  Maybe I am especially unsympathetic because TDC has wasted a lot of
people's time -- the time of serious contributors like Andyleherer and
John, and others -- on the Talk: Fascism and Talk: Karl Marx pages, and I
just do not see him making any useful contribution.  Be that as it me,
since I am the one offended here I don't quite trust my own judgment.  I've
taken a publicly antagonist position to him, dismissing his comments on
these talk pages -- although I have tried to avoid vulgarity and have
always addressed the substantive historical question.  But I don't think I
can communicate effectively with him, certainly not anymore.

Would some of you try to communicate with him about this?

Thanks,

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701