[WikiEN-l] EntmootsOfTrolls still causing severe problems

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Thu Sep 25 05:22:07 UTC 2003

> If a simple call to the FBI gets something to happen
> to EoT, that would be very Orwellian, but probable
> after the Patriot Act. Keep in mind that everythink
> EoT says is an empty threat.
> LDan

Basically, in my experience, it goes like so:
A) Call is made to FBI
B) FBI calls ISP, gets account details
C) FBI visits suspect (or calls if they're far enough from a field office to
make it inconvenient), says what they're doing is not a good idea.
D) FBI keeps an eye on suspect's doings, if the suspect keeps doing these
things, action is taken against them.

Generally, the FBI showing up at your door and telling you to stop doing
something... makes you stop doing something. Now, if he's done this sort of
thing before, well, there might be an abrupt end to his edits.

-- Jake