[WikiEN-l] William Connelley no longer neutral contributor (Re: toEd)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 24 22:12:07 UTC 2003

Oops! I drifted off topic, as Allan correctly points out. Sorry, I was
busy posting scientific proof that Michael Mann's "hockey stick" graph
was an erroneous reconstruction -- and I conflated the 2 controversies.

CFCs is something different: it's related to the [[ozone depletion]]
controversy - which is what Dr. Connolley and I were discussing earlier
today.

The only relation to global warming is the similarity in how the two
ideas have been handled. In both cases:

1. There was never any scientific consensus.
2. Politicians rushed in, urging quick action.

Ironically, on the CFC issue I might be running counter to my own "cult"
(or "church" as I prefer to call it: Hi, Fred :-) because Rev. Moon made
a passing reference to ozone depletion which indicated a position
somewhere between a "concern" and a "belief" that CFCs were causing harm
to the ozone layer. That's my problem: insufficient brainwashing,
leading to independent thought!

Cheers.

Ed Poor