[WikiEN-l] Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and other similar entries

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Thu Mar 20 10:42:08 UTC 2003

I see the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and related entries are
taking a POV hammering again. TUF-KAT, Zoe,  and I have had to do
reverts to it to restore balance in the past, and now Cferrero is doing
revert duty tonight. A big problem with this stuff is that many of us
(I am certainly one) sometimes lack the detailed knowledge to be 100%
confident we are reverting POV ranting and not removing real
information. (This particular entry has not been too bad so far, no
massive edit wars and just one IP ban, but there is a whole class of
broadly similar stuff, and this one will serve as an example of the
general class as well as any.)

Maybe it is worth considering having a special class of Wikipedia
article that is not a completely protected page, but can only be edited
by logged-in contributors. I'm not sure if this would work or not, or
if it would be practical to implement. I'm just thinking aloud. Any
bright ideas out there? Comments?

Tony Wilson
(Tannin)
list at redhill.net.au