[WikiEN-l] DTK article

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Wed Mar 19 18:24:53 UTC 2003

**(AKFD VF Deletion text attached)
>>Vicki: How about an apology for your anti-Semitism and blatant trolling,
Steve?

Youre calling me a racist Vicki? Race is a non-issue to me. Ill apologise
for my racism, when you apologise for the apparent cultural self-centrism
that caused you to miss the *point* entirely.

>>Toby:  Shouldn't that be [[Death to Kikes slogan]]?
And shouldn't the article be about the slogan, not about Jews? To be
analogous to the AKFD case, that is.

Ah youre right... I forgot the 'little quotes'  - ask Vicki what she
thinks.. The point is that neither should be there; your failure to stand up
for consistent principle, not to mention, get the point.. is invitation to a
whole can of worms you all don't want to go into. Its up to you to express
intelligent thought here, and not fall back on the lasseiz faire doctrine of
"document everything".. If you look at the AKFD talk pages... and the Votes
for deletion.. There was consensus reached as far as how to handle the
material... Only Cungcator and Axel pushed it forth...And Axel backed off...
After deleting the page, Cuncator took it upon himself to revive the
redirect to article status... the Deletion page was cleared by Mav simply
for size issues... The point is that Cunk has been completely monolithic on
this... and people out of some nonsense lack of desire to make a principled
stand have allowed this to fester.. and I think James's rather substantive
contributions are dwindling, out of a lack of interest, due to a lack of
consistency in treatment. Cuncators Sysop status is directly at odds with
his heavy handed behaviour regarding this page - contradiction Jim's notions
that sysops stay neutral.  Dont expect the answer to come from the top...
Jim stays neutral because hes hoping people can find resolutions on their
own...  You comprende, Victoria? -SV

I respectfully disagree with the honorable member's position. Zoe brought
the issue to Jimbo's attention and to the mailing list, so there is much
discussion and a resolution to be found in due course. --The Cunctator

>From Talk:Anti-Gay slogan:
>>Cuncator::I respectfully disagree with the honorable member's position.
Zoe brought the issue to Jimbo's attention and to the mailing list, so there
is much discussion and a resolution to be found in due course.
>>James::No. Another falsehood. There was a discussion and a solution which
Cunctator deliberately destroyed by (a) renaming the page after most people
had agreed on a replacement name suggested by Stevertigo and were adding to
its contents, (b) creating a dodgy replacement POV article so that the page
could not be restored to its agreed location. Zoe and everyone else isn't
looking for a discussion - there was one. And a solution. They are
complaining about Cunctator's outrageous and deliberate scrapping of the
agreed solution so he can use his 'pet name', one which Jimbo has suggested
is in clear breach of Wiki naming conventions.