[WikiEN-l] User:RachelCorrie

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 19:30:17 UTC 2003

>Jim:User pages have never been subject to NPOV requirements.  The exact
parameters for what's appropriate on a userpage have never been set with any
firmness..

I recall on the defunct Lir pages that one of the criticisms made, and
perhaps weighed.... was that "she used her user page to antagonize"... ??
The straw that BTCB, in otherwords?

> Ed's 2 cents: If I were in charge, I would remove the user:RachelCorrie
account...

I understand this.. but Ed...! For someone so keen to point out the
potential of people, and particularly new people... you fail to realize that
this is someone who potentially will make great contributions! Judging by
the notes, he/she either knew Rachel... or at the very least is (was) an
associate... We should feel honored here that someone close to someone who
made our top news is here, and feels welcome enough to display

I find it utterly stupid that it was previously suggested that she be
banned... after not even breaking a single rule! How *George Orwell...

All that said... Ed may have a point about the username... but lets wait
until the normal grieving process is over, and that person becomes involved
in other issues. Be well! --SV