[WikiEN-l] Re: The Style Oppressors

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Mar 3 17:44:41 UTC 2003

Tony,

Please take care to avoid terms like "Style Nazis" on the mailing
list. Even if you don't mean anything nasty by such terms, you
need to know that others may take offense.

I myself have been known to take offense at innocent terms like
"cult" applied to my church, even though it only means "religion
regarded as spurious by others".

The problem is that we cannot hear or see each other, and it is
unfortunate that discussions are can easily be derailed into
personalities by even a single usage of what might be a perfectly
innocently-intended term.

Please note that this is entirely without prejudice to the issue
of whether people are being fanatical about date formats, an issue
I am going to bow out of. I am more concerned with brotherly
harmony here.

Uncle Ed, aka Ed Poor