[WikiEN-l] Re: What W is not

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 17:47:12 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 March 2003 06:25 am, tarquin wrote:
> To see the diff:
> http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not
>&diff=0&oldid=715621
>
> The one I quety is this, under the "not a genealogical or biographical
> dictionary" heading:
>
>   A good measure of achievement is whether their lives (or deaths) were
> newsworthy, that is, that there exist external sources on the people.
>
> It seems to me that Cunc has added this so he can better justify the
> keeping of the Sep11 casualties in Wikipedia.
>
> any thoughts on this?

Cunc and I got into this on my talk page too. I mentioned that the consensus
was to move the tribute pages to the sep11 wiki and he indicated that since
he did not agree with the "consensus" that there was no consensus and
therefore had no obligation to follow it. This, IMO, is working against the
wishes of the community. With the exception of Jimbo, nobody here has veto
power. Am I wrong on this point?

--mav

WikiKarma
The usual at [[February 28]] and  [[February 29]]