[WikiEN-l] SoftSecurity, Roman style (was: Return of DW?)

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Mar 3 14:03:32 UTC 2003

Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
> I don't think it's unreasonable for people to point out cases
> (e.g. VeraCruz) in which a banned user comes back in disguise and
> repeats the behavior that caused banning.

I think that's right, and I encourage people to just write to me
privately in cases like this so I can investigate and we don't have to
talk about it endlessly on the mailing list.  There should never be
any "secret bans" or "quiet bans", but at the same time, if we're just
engaged in some kind of ongoing battle with someone, we don't always
need to discuss every aspect of it.

--Jimbo