[WikiEN-l] SoftSecurity, Roman style (was: Return of DW?)

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Sat Mar 1 23:36:57 UTC 2003

At 02:10 PM 2/28/03 -0500, Ed Poor wrote:
>Egad, where the Cunctator when you need him? At the drop of a hat, people
>are talking about banning this one and banning that one.

You're doing a fine job of channeling him here.

>If someone writes badly, just revise their work. If someone puts something
>on the wrong shelf, just put it back.
>
>SoftSecurity, right?

We have bans for good and sufficient reasons. I don't think it's
unreasonable for people to
point out cases (e.g. VeraCruz) in which a banned user comes back in
disguise and
repeats the behavior that caused banning.

It's possible that you could revise everything that needs revising, and
move back everything
that's in the wrong place--but it would use all your energy.

Me, I want to create something good, not just spend all my time painting
over graffiti.
If I enjoyed the endless, losing fight against entropy, I'd go scrub my
kitchen floor.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org