[WikiEN-l] Re: Do we really want to confuse every American who reads the Wikipedia?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Mar 3 08:15:50 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:

> But this is the English wiki, and as such, only the format used in
> English-speaking countries applies.  What's anti-European,
> anti-African (except for English speaking countries) is of no
> consequence.  It's true that the British, Australian, New Zealand
> version, etc., may be different.  I don't know what Canadians use.

For many years the Canadian standard was the same as the British, but at
the same time many individuals and even companies have used the American
system.  This  created much confusion in such areas as the dating of
cheques, receipts, and other financial documents.  Because of this the
Canadian government has been an active promoter of the ISO standard.

Eclecticology